Itinerary: Mongolia- Ulan-Ude - Ivolginsk Datsan (Buddhist temple) - Ust-Barguzin -Maksimikha - Olkhon (Khuzhir) - Peschanaya Bay - Bolshoe Goloustnoe - Irkutsk - Circum-Baikal railways - Listvyanka - Irkutsk
Cost of the tour (group not less than 5 pax):
2012euro / 1 pax. (double accommodation)
2400 euro / 1 pax. (single accommodation)
Cost of the tour (group not less than 10 pax):
1861 euro / 1 pax. (double accommodation)
2247 euro / 1 pax. (single accommodation)
Cost of the tour (group not less than 15 pax):
1813 euro / 1 pax. (double accommodation)
2201 euro / 1 pax. (single accommodation)
Arrival to Ulan-Bator, transfer to the hotel 4 *.
*You are arriving to the city of contrasts, built by Khan Gombodorzh in honor of his son in 1639. At that time it was called " Urga ".
City tour. Visiting Gandan Monastery, the biggest active monastery in Mongolia.
*Gandan is the biggest center of Buddhist culture in Mongolia.
* The museum exposition features the history of Mongolia from the Paleolithic times till nowadays. It presents the archeological material, photos and schemes of paleontological sites and excavation places. Besides, there are coins, weapons, national clothes, items of everyday life, religious cult items and bronze figures.
Visiting Zaisan memorial
*If you want to see the whole Ulan-Bator, you just need to ascend the Memorial complex Zaisan. A magnificent view upon the city and the Tola River valley opens up for you from the hill top. Memorial complex Zaisan was constructed in 1979 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Khalkhyn-Gol events. Till 1971 the top was crowned by a memorial in honor of the Soviet warriors who died fighting for the freedom of Mongolia.
In the evening - national Mongolian concert.
Overnight at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. Trip to Bayangobi by car. Arrival to Bayangobi in the evening. Lunch on the way.
Today you will get acquainted with the way of life of Mongolian nomads-cattle breeders.
Accommodation - tourist yourt
Breakfast. After breakfast - transfer by car to Karakorum.
You will visit Erdene-Zuu monastery (one of the biggest in Mongolia)
*Erdene Zuu is the first Buddhist monastery, the center of yellow Lamaism, built by Avtai Sain Khan in 1586. The Buddhist monks used the ruins of Kharkhorin to build Erdene-Zuu monastery, which is now the main attraction of the area. The monastery complex is rather big, covering the area of 16 hectares. The monastery is surrounded by a stone wall with 108 stupas around it. Number108 symbolizes 108 beads of a Buddhist monk. During the monastery's hay day over 1500 monks were serving here. Nowadays the famous Erdene-Zuu is experiencing its renaissance.
Accommodation - tourist yourt
Trip to Ugi lake (100 km). On the way you will visit the monument to prince Kul'-Tegin (685-731) , one of the oldest monuments of the Turkish era.
In the evening you will have a possibility to walk around the lake and watch the birds.
Dinner and overnight in the yourts
Breakfast. After breakfast you will go to the National park Khustai.
*Khustai Park is located in a picturesque valley 80 km away from Ulan-Bator. This park preserves unique Przewalskii wild horses in their natural habitat. Przewalskii horse, discovered by a Russian explorer, is the descendant of the famous wild horse. In the past hundreds of thousands of such wild horses used to live in this area. In the 20th century the horses were completely exterminated, and only in 1994, after the initiative of the WWF (Holland), 16 horses from different world zoos were brought to this National park. The park not only preserved the unique type of horses, but also provided them with the possibility to breed in their habitat.
After lunch you will visit the local museum devoted to the flora and fauna of the nature reserve, where you will see Przewalskii wild horses in their natural habitat.
Transfer. Dinner and overnight in the yourt.
In the morning after breakfast you will go to visit the National Park Terelzh by car.
*Terelzh is the national park. The nature landscapes of Terelzh are the most beautiful in Mongolia. Park Terelzh is a part of Khengei mountain range with the inimitable alpine and steppe sceneries. What made Terelzh famous are numerous rocks, amazing with their exotic forms; you can discern in the rocks a hare, a sleeping dinosaur, a reading man with the book on his lap (that is all the original forms of granite wind erosion). The rock Melkhii-khal looking like a gigantic tortoise has become the symbol of Terelzh
Visiting the "Tortoise" rock
Lunch at the restaurant, offering a beautiful view upon the surroundings
After lunch you will have a walk round the National park.
Horse-riding with an instructor.
Returning to Ulan-Bator
Accommodation at the hotel 4*.
Transfer to the airport
?.ZY-915 (Departure from Ulan-Bator (SAAB-340)- 16.00, arrival to Ulan-Ude- 17.30 )
Airport pick-up in Ulan-Ude
Transfer to the hotel "Baikal Plaza", accommodation
*Baikal Plaza is located in the downtown of Ulan-Ude. The hotel windows offer the view upon the main city square. In the vicinity there are the buildings of Republic Administration and Government, big trading and business centers.
Excursion to Ivolginsk Datsan (Buddhist temple)
*Ivolginsk datsan, founded in 1946, nowadays houses the residence of the Head of Russian Buddhist church. The datsan keeps the incorruptible body of Dashi Dorzho Itigelov.
Dinner and overnight at "Baikal Plaza" hotel
*Ulan-Ude was founded in 1666 as a Cossack winter hut on the right bank of the Selenga River. In 1678 it was already known as a fortification, the stronghold of the Russian Cossacks conquering the East. Nowadays it is a modern city with the population about 380 000 people.
Leaving for Barguzin
Arrival to Maksimikha, accommodation at the recreation center "Podlemorye"
* Recreation center "Podlemorye" is located at the distance of 232 km away from Ulan-Ude, 10 meters from Baikal shore in the settlement of Maksimikha. Two-storeyed living complex can accommodate 30 people in 13 double rooms (one room) and 2 suites (2 rooms). All the rooms have a balcony and offer the view upon Barguzin bay. The rooms provide a shower room, a toilet and comfortable sleeping beds. The complex includes a cafe (capacity 40 people), a bar, a conference-hall and a playing room. There are two telephone lines in the recreation center. In case you need a telephone, you can make a call from the reception.
Leaving for the excursion to Barguzin valley
*From the time immemorial the picturesque area, relatively warm climate and fertile lands attracted the people here. The name of the valley, as well as the river name "Barguzin" comes from the tribe Barguty, which used to live in the valley, the northern part of Bargudzhin-Tukum land. The valley has many sacred places , belonging to different tribes and peoples .
Coming back, dinner
After breakfast - transfer to Ust-Bargusin and at 09:15 you continue your trip round Baikal by boat in the direction of Olkhon island. Arrival to Khuzhir at 12:15. Transfer to the camp "Pearl of Olkhon".
* Accommodation in wooden houses. To your service - spacious rooms with wooden and wicker furniture. Constant electricity . Meals in the cafeteria . Banya . Toilet facilities outside . A separate terrace with a fire-place where in the evening one can enjoy his time with his friends.
* Olkhon island is the sacred place of Baikal, where the double-peaked Shamanka rock is located, one of the nine sanctums of Asia. The part of the rock which is close to the shore has a cave, which in the past was used to make sacrifice and religious rituals.
Awalkingtourroundtheisland. You will visit Cape Burkhan, famous Shamanka rock and the ethnographical museum.
Dinner and the overnight at the camp. One can visit banya (extra payment)
After breakfast you will leave for Cape Khoboi, one of the most beautiful places of the island
* It is the northernmost point of the biggest Baikal island, offering the view upon Holy Nose peninsula. During the tour you will visit gorgeous deserted sandy bays and beaches, which are numerous at Olkhon. Specially for you we shall arrange the picnic on the shore. You will taste the real ukha soup made from Baikal omul fish and Siberian tea with herbs.
Dinner and the overnight at the camp. One can visit banya (extra payment)
Transfer to the harbor. By "Barguzin" boat you will go to Peschanaya bay, where you will get accommodated in the comfortable and cozy recreation complex "Baikal Dunes". Accommodation in business class rooms. In this ecologically clean place on Baikal shore you will spend two unforgettable days.
* Peschanaya Bay ('Sandy') is one of the most famous and picturesque areas of Baikal. The bay is often called Siberian Riviera . Fringed by thick forest , there stand two pyramidal rocks called Bolshaya Kolokol ' nya (' Big Bell tower ') and Malaya Kolokol ' nya (' Small Bell tower '), which frame the sandy dune . The sandy bay makes a clean beach up to 20 meters wide and stretching for 750 m. Peschanaya bay boasts a soft microclimate and big amount of sunny days in the year comparable to the amount of sunshine in the Black sea resorts. It is the only place in Eastern Siberia where the mean annual air temperature is positive (+0,4 ? ). White sandy beach and blue clear water create the feel of a tropical paradise.
Dinner and overnight at the complex.
Today you will say goodbye to the wonderful Peschanaya Bay. After lunch you will go by speed boat to Bolshoe Goloustnoe settlement, then you will go by bus to Irkutsk. Totaltriptimeis4 hours. On arrival you will get accommodated in Irkutsk hotel on the Angara embankment.
Transfer to the railway station
At 08.05 - embarkation on the train and start of the tour round the Circum-Baikal railways. The tour lasts from 8 a.m. till 8 p.m. The route includes stops in the most remarkable places (guided mini-tours): 102th km supporting Italian wall, 110th km Polovinnaya valley; 123th km - Kirkireiskii complex; 130th km - Shabartui complex of artificial constructions; 149th km - Staraya Angasolka; 166th km - Slyudyanka. You will have packed lunch with you.
Arrival to port Baikal at about 19:30 and then ferry to Listvyanka by "I.Babushkin" boat.
Transfer to the hotel, accommodation at "Baikal'skie Terema" hotel in Listvyanka
Dinner at the hotel's restaurant
After breakfast you will have a tour round Listvyanka
The settlement of Listvyanka, the nearest to Irkutsk touristic center is famous thanks to Baikal museum of the Limnological institute, which presents in its aquariums the main types of fishes and seals.
Well-known Shaman stone, wrapped into a beautiful but sad legend, will be visible from the observation point of Cherskii stone.
In Listvyanka market you can buy the souvenirs made by Siberian masters from stone, wood, birch-bark and glass. There is also Baikal fish available - hot and cold smoked omul, grayling, and sig (white fish).
Lunch at the restaurant on the shore of Baikal.
* You will enjoy Baikal cuisine dishes
A walk to Cherskii stone, offering a grandeur panoramic view upon Baikal and headstream of the Angara.
* Cherskii stone is the observation point located at the altitude of 700 meters.
You can get here either by chair-lift or on foot. The walk will take about 40 minutes.
Overnight at "Baikal'skie Terema" hotel in Listvyanka
12.00 Returning to Irkutsk
On the way you will visit the ethnographical museum "Taltsy". This open-air exhibition features the unique monuments of the wooden architecture of the 17th - 20th centuries.
* The museum presents the exposition devoted to the culture and everyday life of Eastern Siberian peoples: Ilimsk fortress, parish school, Kazan chapel, pottery shop, cascade of water mills, the ancient settlements of the Tofalars, Evenk and Buryat people.
On arrival - accommodation at "Irkutsk" hotel on the embankment of the Angara.
Transfer to the airport. Warm good-byes, hoping to see each other again...
What is included :
all the transfers within the itinerary (Ulan-Bator by jeeps, Ulan-Ude-Barguzin by bus, Ust-Barguzin-Khuzhir-Peschanaya bay by boat, Peschanaya Bay-Bolshoe Goloustnoe-Irkutsk by bus)
meals within the itinerary (15 breakfasts, 11 lunches and 14 dinners)
guide during the whole trip
Accommodation: Ulan-Bator - 2 days, hotel 4*, tourist yourt - 4 days; Ulan-Ude - 1 day at "Baikal-Plaza" hotel; Barguzin recreation center "Podlemorye" 1 day; Irkutsk - 2 days (standard rooms); Peschanaya Bay - 1 day (business class); Olkhon - 2 days ("Pearl of Olkhon" camp); Listvyanka - 2 days (standard rooms).
tours within the itinerary (Ulan-Bator: city tour, Gandan monastery, Zaisan, Bayangobi, Karakorum, Terelzh; Buryatia: Barguzin valley, Ivolginsk datsan, Ulan-Ude city tour. Irkutsk part: Baikal museum, Circum-Baikal railways - train (1st class wagon), Cape Khoboi, in Peschanaya bay - according to the plan of the recreation center.
flight Ulan-Bator to Ulan-Ude (economy class)
Not included :
flight fare to the place of the tour and back;
additional services not mentioned in the itinerary;
visa to Mongolia;
Our company reserves the right to make amendments concerning the days of the itinerary (for weather conditions reasons), change the order of showing the sights, order of staying at the hotels, hotels and campings (similar in quality or better).
We recommend to take with you: comfortable trekking boots; additional pair of comfortable boots; warm windbreaker; swimming gear; sunglasses; sunscreen; sun protecting hat; torch; personal medicine. We recommend to buy before you set on the trip the anti-tick remedy "Iodantipirin", or arrange the tick-bite insurance in advance. To protect your luggage from the dust during the transfer from Bolshoe Goloustnoe to Irkutsk, please pack it into the big rubbish sacks.
Attention! Please consider possible delays of flights and trains when planning the trip! The company will not be liable to refund the money in case of the tourist's failure to appear!