Altay Baikal Yakutia Khakassia Krasnoyarsk region Buryatia Mongolia Tuva Cruises in Russia

Tour title

Yenisei trip Itinerary: Dudinka Yeniseisk Krasnoyarsk

Duration: 10 days / 9 nights
Price from: 1300 EUR

Yenisei trip

Itinerary: Dudinka - Yeniseisk - Krasnoyarsk
Duration:10 days/9 nights

Dates of the cruise in 2020:

June 26 - July 5 (Polish speaking guide is available)

July 28 - August 06 (Polish speaking guide is available)

August 03 - 12

August 15 - 24

August 21 - 30 (German speaking guide is available)**

Cost of the tour: 1 300 euro

** Cost of the tour for August 21-30: 1 450 euro

  • Extra payment for the single accommodation in Krasnoyarsk, Norilsk: 130 euro
  • Extra payment for the suite in Yeniseisk: 90 euro
  • An extra payment foreign citizen should pay for entering polar regions: 40 euro

You will have to pay separately for: transfer from the “Krasnoyarsk” hotel to “Yemelyanovo” airport/ railway station.

Day 1:

In the morning arrival to the airport “Alykel”. Transfer to Norilsk, accommodation at “Norilsk” hotel in double rooms. Lunch. Excursionto Museum, Norilskcitytour. Dinner.

Day 2:

Breakfast. Leaving for Dudinka. Excursion to the local lore museum. Dudinka city tour. Embarkation on the ship "V. Chkalov", accommodation in first class double cabins (in a cabin there are two sofas, a wardrobe and a wash-stand). Start of the trip at 12:00 from the river port Dudinka. Lunch. Excursion round the boat, to the boat museum and to the captain's cockpit. Information about the itinerary. Dinner.

In the night - a stop in Igarka, a city standing on the permafrost. You will have a short informative walk round Igarka.

Yenisei is born in the mountains of Tuva. The mountain lake Kara-Balyk begets Bii-Khem ("Big Yenisei") and the mountain range Tannu-Ala is the place where Ka-Khem ("Small Yenisei") starts. The part of the river 188 km long after the confluence of the Big and Small Yenisei is called Verkhnii ('Upper') Yenisei. Closer to the northern part of Tuva depression the river gets separated into several branches, the riverbed is rich in rifts from 100 to 650 meters wide. This section of the river is called "Forty Yeniseis". The depth of the river reaches 4-12 meters, the rifts are not deeper than 1 meter. After having taken in the Khemchik River, Yenisei turns northwards to cover then 290 km braking through the Western Sayan mountain ranges. The river bed has many rapids ( Big, Dedushkin, Joyskii, etc.) and swifts. Near the mouth of the Kazyrsuk River is the most dangerous, impassable for the ships Big rapids 320 meters long.

Every kilometer the bottom of the Yenisei is getting 1 centimeter deeper. And this is one of the reasons why the speed of the river here is three times bigger than that of the Dnieper and it is five times faster than the Volga River.

Day 3:

In the morning you will cross the Polar circle (the Kureika River), presentation of commemorative diplomas. Breakfast. Free time. Lunch. Arrangements in the reading salon. Dinner. Stop in Turukhansk, which is located at the confluence of the Nizhnyaya Tunguska River and the Yenisei River at the distance of 1474 km northwards from Krasnoyarsk. The population is 4,8 thousand people.

It was founded in 1607 as a winter hut, and since 1619 it had been settled with the people from the burned Mangaseya. The former Turukhansk became the settlement of Staroturukhansk, and the modern settlement called Turukhansk (regional administrative center) was previously called Novoturukhansk. In the 19th - 20th centuries it was used as a place for exile (also for I.Stalin in 1914-1916). The local tourist attraction is the Church of the Trinity (end of the 18th - early 19th century). The city has a fish processing factory, an oil exploratory expedition, a river port, an airport and the museum devoted to the revolutionaries J.M. Sverdlov and S.S. Spandaryan.

Here you will see the Yenisei tributary - the Verkhnyaya ('Upper') Tunguska. The river got its name from the Russian explorers in the 17th century. It was named "Tunguska" because the Tungus (modern Evenk) people were inhabiting its area, and the definition "Verkhnyaya" was used to distinct it from two other Tunguska Rivers.

Day 4:

Breakfast. Freetime. Lunch. Passing by the settlement of Verkhneimbatsk. Dinner. Stop in the river not far from the settlement of Bakhta, named after the Bakhta River, the right tributary of the Yenisei River. At night you will have a stop in Bor settlement and here we pass by the third-biggest tributary - Podkamennaya Tunguska. It is a cataracted river, remarkable for its specific wild beauty. Theriveris1865 km. It is called Podkamennaya ('Under-the-Stone') because it has to break through hundreds of kilometers of rocks to finally reach the Yenisei. You cover 40 kilometers more to see Osinovskii rift, the legendary narrow canyon presenting big difficulties for travellers. The passage across the rift is narrow (700 m) and meandering. It is not wide enough for two ships, here is one-line traffic.

Day 5:

Completing the Osinovskaya system. At the distance of 30 m from the ship you can observe "Monastyrskii" ('Monastery') island, preserving a lot of legends and enigmas of the past. Then, unexpectedly, the islands Korablik ('Small ship') and Barochka as if from a mist pop up before you and behind them - the powerful Yenisei enters with the rift Osinovsk cheeks, the most picturesque area down the river. High granite banks create a corridor 50 meters high. Breakfast. Stop in Vorogovo settlement, which was founded over 350 years ago by the Cossacks during their exploration of Siberia. The population is multinational: the Russians, the Germans, the Ukranians, the Keto... Altogether there are 2000 people. By the time of the ship arrival the locals arrange a small market at the harbour selling different goods and souvenirs made by local masters. Lunch. Stop in Yartsevo settlement. It is situated in the middle part of the Yenisei between its two big tributaries, the Kas and Sym Rivers, where by the time of the ship arrival a small market is also arranged. Dinner.

Day 6:

Breakfast. Arrival toYeniseisk. Breakfast. It is situated in the Yenisei valley, on the left bank of the Yenisei down from the Angara confluence, at the distance of 330 km north from Krasnoyarsk. Yeniseisk is called "the open-air museum", the city has 94 historical constructions-monuments. The complex of Spas-Preobrazhenskii monastery and four churches present the examples of the Siberian baroque, built in the middle and late 18th century. They are similar to the Russian churches of the previous century thanks to the outlines the spatial structure and beauty of the decorations. Stone civil constructions of Yeniseisk are predominantly two-storeyed houses along the main street on the embankment and the central square. Accommodation at "Yeniseiskaya" hotel in double and 3-bed rooms. The hotel is located in the downtown. It is remarkable for the inimitable architecture of the 18th century and old interior. The sanitary facilities are located in the corridor - wash-stands with hot and cold water and modern shower cabins. The rooms have the pine-wood handmade furniture (beds, bedside tables and wardrobes), the lobbies have carpets on the floor. There is a cafeteria in the first floor. Lunch. Excursion to the local lore museum and Yeniseisk city tour. Dinner at the hotel.

Day 7:

Breakfast. Leaving for Strelka - the place of the Angara and the Yenisei confluence. There are a lot of beautiful legends about the Angara, the only daughter of Baikal and about the mighty handsome Yenisei. Nothing could stop willful daughter on her way to the Yenissei River: she conquered severe rapids, scattered stones and cliffs blocking her way. Lunch-picnic. Leaving for Krasnoyarsk. Accommodation at "Krasnoyarsk" hotel in double rooms. Dinner at the hotel.Dinner.

Day 8:

Breakfast at the hotel.  Excursion to the reserve "Krasnoyarsk Pillars", naturally bordered by the tributaries of the Yenisei River: in north-east it is the Bazaikha River, in the south and south-west - the Mana and Bolshaya Sliznyovka Rivers. Krasnoyarsk is north-east from the area. The reserve was founded in 1925 after the initiative of the city people in order to preserve the natural complexes around the picturesque residual mountains— "the Pillars". It covers the area of 47 219 hectares. The main attraction here is presented by rocks. General name for the rocks is "Pillars", although each rock and even boulder has its own name. There is a difference between "the Pillars", easy to reach for tourists and "Wild Pillars" located in the depth of the reserve with the limited access to them. Dinner

Day 9:

Breakfast. At 10:00 you will have Krasnoyarsk city tour. Visit Ship-Museum St. Nicolas. After lunch visit Krasnoyarsk hydroelectric power station.Visit KHEP view point. Visit Osipovka village, see a memorial place devoted to famouse russian writer Viktor P. Astafiev. Back to Krasnoyarsk. Dinner

Day 10:

Breakfast at the hotel; check-out

The tour cost includes :

  • insurance
  • transfers within the itinerary
  • 3 meals per day
  • ship accommodation in the 1st class cabin; double and 3-bed accommodation at the hotels
  • excursions
  • guide (Russian language speaking, apart the tours where other language speaking guide is available)

MOSCOW: Sq. Zhuravleva, 10 office 124,Tel. +7 (499) 755-91-97

IRKUTSK:Sukhe Batora str., 7, office 232,Tel. + 7 (3952) 99-83-93

 

© 2009-2021 Tour East Group. All rights reserved
Web-site development: Adagio Media Group | LI